Weghorst is very close to Man Utd!
Manchester United are one step away from signing 30-year-old Wout Weghorst on loan from Burnley. Man Utd will pay Besiktas €3M as the striker is currently on loan there. As soon as Besiktas find its replacement they will give the green light. A very good signing, a very underrated player and United need someone who bags goals. Wout Weghorst did not train with the team today. He told coaches he was in pain.
Man Utd. has reportedly reached a verbal agreement with Wout Weghorst. Meanwhile, Beşiktaş is eyeing a striker for replacement and they are interested in Aboubakar. According to reports, Weghorst is prepared to pay the compensation fee out of his own pocket if Beşiktaş don’t let him leave for Manchester United in the coming days.
The player reportedly wants to move to Old Trafford, United must register him by Friday for him to be available for the Manchester derby. Previously, Besiktas sporting director ‘Ceyhun Kazanci’ has said any deal will only happen if the club is compensated. In a statement, Besiktas said: “There is an exit clause in our player’s contract, stating that his contract can be terminated with a compensation of 2.5m euros in case of an offer from the Premier League.”
“Weghorst is an important player for us. It is not enough to say goodbye to the audience. He also needs to talk to the club,” Besiktas head coach Senol Gunes said in the post-match conference.
United are desperate to sign a proper striker (9) on loan during the January transfer window after severing ties with Cristiano Ronaldo during the World Cup. His explosive interview with Piers Morgan in which he criticised the club owners (Glazers) and manager Erik Ten Hag. The striker scored twice for the Netherlands in the World Cup quarter-finals against winners Argentina, with the second goal being one of the most dramatic goals in the competition’s history, levelling the scores from a low free-kick pass to send the game into extra-time.